Bledsoe State ForestBledsoe State Forest is located on the Cumberland Plateau in east-central Tennessee, in Bledsoe, Cumberland, Van Buren, and White Counties. The land was originally purchased by the State Department of Institutions in 1907. In 1933, 6,656 acres were designated as state forest.
The remaining lands, known as the Taft Youth Center, left under the jurisdiction of the Department of Institutions, now the Department of Corrections. Areas of the forest are used for tree improvement studies, where strains of various species are grown to determine their suitability as high quality timber. The timber type consists primarily of mixed upland hardwoods and most stands are in the 40 to 80+ age classes. The forest has been used traditionally for hunting and small amounts of fishing. Some hiking and horseback riding occur on the forest. Fall Creek State Park is approximately 3 miles southwest of the forest.
Bledsoe State Forest is managed under the multiple-use concept. Management objectives include timber production, wildlife conservation, forest research and experimentation, watershed protection, forest recreation and promotion of conservation education.
Hunting & Fishing: Both are permitted according to TWRA regulations (See Statewide Hunting and Fishing Guides)
Hiking: Presently 3 1/2 miles are under reconstruction.
Camping: Primitive camping is allowed on the trail.
Multi use roads may be used by 4-wheelers, dirt bikes and horses. Maps are available at the park office. Drivers are asked to stay off fields, trails and right-of-ways.
For More Information
30396 State Route 30
Pikeville, TN 37367
- Campbell's Restaurant, 0 miles away
- Fall Creek Falls Bed & Breakfast, 1.1 miles away
- Fall Creek Falls State Park, 2.6 miles away
- Highland Rim Retreats, 2.9 miles away
- Burritt College, 6.1 miles away
- yard sale - Created 07/29/2014
- 127 Yardsale - Created 06/27/2014
- Family Fun - Created 05/21/2014
- Hiking 30 Miles from Cookeville - Created 08/24/2012
- yard sale - Created 08/03/2012
- yard sale 2 - Created 07/31/2012
- TN's 127 Yard Sale Nature Sites - Created 07/20/2012
- Horseback Riding in the Cumberlands - Created 07/19/2012