Historic Black House
The oldest remaining residence in McMinnville was built in 1825 by Jesse Coffee and was distinct in its time due to its exterior brick construction. The Black House, situated on the southeast corner of Main and High streets in the downtown business district, gained the name by which it is best known through the ownership and occupancy of Dr. Thomas Black and his family.
The house is where Dr. Black practiced medicine & it is open for tours by appointment.
For More Information
301 W. Main Street
McMinnville, Tennessee 37110
Phone: (931) 668-5050
- Main Street Bakery & Cafe, 0.2 miles away
- Collins River BBQ & Cafe, 0.2 miles away
- Barren Fork Greenway, 0.4 miles away
- Warren County Farmers Market, 0.4 miles away
- Smok'n in McMinnville [08/09/2013 - 08/10/2013], 0.9 miles away