Actually labeled, “New River Greenway” this small-town linear park is one of the best you can find. A narrow gravel road along the New River provides the main walking path, and several additional unmarked trails branch off of it. Some observation structures are in place near the greenway’s many waterfalls.
Hardwood riparian, bottomland, and slope forest habitats throughout the area are in good condition. The site features numerous small waterfalls. The site is also a wonderful place to find wildflowers and butterflies. This site is scenic, tranquil, and easily accessed.
For More Information
Huntsville, Tennessee 37756
- Brimstone Recreation, 1.7 miles away
- Brimstone Retreats, 1.7 miles away
- New River Railway, 2.3 miles away
- Fireside Restaurant, 3.3 miles away
- Elk Run Cabins, 3.5 miles away