American Museum of Science and Energy
The museum opened in 1949 in an old wartime cafeteria in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. It was originally named the American Museum of Atomic Energy. Its guided tours took visitors through the peaceful uses of atomic energy. The present facility, opened in 1975, continues to provide the general public with energy information. The name of the museum was changed to the American Museum of Science and Energy (AMSE) in 1978.
The museum is open Monday-Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm & Sunday: 1 - 5 pm
AMSE is not open on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, & Christmas.
For More Information
300 S Tulane
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Phone: (865) 576-3200
- International Friendship Bell, 0.3 miles away
- Secret City Festival [06/21/2013 - 06/22/2013], 0.4 miles away
- AK Bissel Park, 0.4 miles away
- Children's Museum of Oak Ridge, 1.3 miles away
- Jefferson Fountain, 1.4 miles away