Cumberland Mountain State Park
This is a wonderful historic park. The site was part of the Cumberland Homesteads, which was a program of the New Deal in the 1930s. In addition to the incredibly scenic location along the dam of Byrds Creek, the park also features six hiking trails, totaling about 15 miles. In addition, they have great cabin facilities for an overnight stay and one of the best restaurants in Tennessee's state park system.
You can also enjoy many activities such as picnicking, basketball, board games, horseshoes, playgrounds, softball, tennis, volleyball, fishing, hiking and swimming. The park is home to the Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain, which has been consistently recognized as a top golf course in the southeastern United States.
Things to do in Cumberland Mountain State Park
The park offers several miles of moderate trails around the lake, creek and in the woods. Overnight camping is allowed only on the “Overnight” Trail. See link below. Trails are open year-round.
Download the park's trail map.
The pool is closed on Monday, except Holiday weeks. Please call the park for those schedules. Cabin and camping guests will pay half price for admission to the pool. Operating schedule is Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. After school starts back until Labor Day weekend, the pool is closed in the middle of the week.
The park offers fishing on Byrd Lake and visitors can expect catches of rainbow trout, catfish, bass, bluegill and bream. Fishing from the bank is allowed except for posted areas.
The park offers for rent paddleboats, canoes, row boats, and fishing boats with electric trolling motor for use on Byrd Lake. The boat dock is open May-October. Personal kayaks and canoes are allowed for use on Byrd Lake.
Photos courtesy of Matt Daugherty
For More Information
24 Office Dr.
Crossville, Tennessee 38555
Phone: (931) 484-6138
- Cumberland Homesteads Tower Museum, 0.8 miles away
- Military War Memorial Museum, 3.6 miles away
- Fortes Restaurant on the Square, 3.6 miles away
- Cracker Barrel, 3.7 miles away
- Shanks Center for the Arts, 3.7 miles away
- Tenn - Created 05/20/2013
- close to base - Created 04/14/2013
- trip to tennessee - Created 02/17/2013
- cumberland - Created 10/13/2012
- Fall Break 2012 - Created 10/09/2012
- vac - Created 09/18/2012
- Tenn. Trip - Created 08/31/2012
- yard sale - Created 07/21/2012
- TN's 127 Yard Sale Nature Sites - Created 07/20/2012
- Music Man! - Created 07/14/2012
- dunlap - Created 06/22/2012
- WWII Prison Camp & Hiking? - Created 05/14/2012