Overton County Heritage Museum
If you drive through Livingston, the county seat of Overton County, be sure to drive through town on West Broad Street and see what was once the Sheriff's office and county jail, currently home to the Overton County Historical Museum. The modest, formerly red brick two-story building is now painted a light gray, and has undergone a complete facelift including landscaping and shutters and interior re-modeling.
The museum was the long-time dream of the Overton County Historical Society, and the dream came true when the county completed a new justice center and agreed to lease the old jail to be used as a museum. The museum finally opened in March, 2002 with only a few exhibits assembled by a handful of volunteers, and has since expanded to fill the entire upper floor. Generous donations and increased numbers of volunteers have helped the museum to grow, and the development of permanent exhibits on the lower floors are now being planned.
For More Information
318 West Broad Street
Livingston, Tennessee 38570
Phone: (931) 823-7636
- Christmas in the Country [11/28/2014], 0.2 miles away
- Christmas in the Country [12/05/2014 - 12/06/2014], 0.2 miles away
- Christmas in the Country [12/12/2014], 0.2 miles away
- 49th Annual Livingston Christmas Parade [12/13/2014], 0.2 miles away
- Overton County Cruise-In [08/09/2014], 0.2 miles away