Fort Southwest Point
Fort Southwest Point is the only fort in Tennessee being reconstructed on its original foundation. The completed sections of the fort include a barracks, a blockhouse and 250 feet of palisade walls. The fort is owned, operated, and maintained by the City of Kingston.
Fort Southwest Point was constructed in 1797 and remained a working fort through 1811 when it was deemed that soldiers were no longer needed. At its peak there were over 625 Soldiers stationed here.
Fort Southwest Point is a learning adventure with something of interest for all ages. They provide scheduled tours for school and other groups as well as several weekend events for family excursions. There is no admission to visit Fort Southwest Point but donations are welcome to aid in building expansion.
For More Information
1160 S. Kentucky Street
Kingston, TN 37763
Phone: (865) 376- 3641
- Old Roane County Courthouse, 1 miles away
- RedBones on the River, 1.3 miles away
- Copeland's of Kingston, 1.5 miles away
- Watts Bar Lake, 2 miles away
- Bob's Burgers, 2.5 miles away