University of Tennessee Arboretum at Oak RidgeThe Arboretum is a project of the University of Tennessee Forest Resources Research and Education Center. It generally hosts more than 30,000 visitors annually. This 250 acre research and education facility has over 2,500 native and exotic woody plant specimens that represent 800 species, varieties, and cultivars. The UT Arboretum is truly a place for all seasons. Even on a winter day a brisk walk along any one of the four self-guided walking tours can be a rewarding experience.
The University of Tennesee Arboretum Visitors Center and Office is routinely open Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - Noon and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (excluding holidays.)
The Arboretum grounds are open for walking daily from 8:00 am until sunset.
The parking lot is accessible during office hours, but is subject to restrictions after office hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Rules for Visitors
All public access is walking only. (Persons with disabilities may obtain permission to drive on roads.)
- Please stay on designated areas and observe all posted signs
- No collecting of any materials
- No picnicking
- No pets
- No bikes or skateboards
For More Information
901 S. Illinois Ave.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37830
- American Museum of Science and Energy, 2.4 miles away
- Secret City Festival [06/21/2013 - 06/22/2013], 2.7 miles away
- AK Bissel Park, 2.7 miles away
- International Friendship Bell, 2.8 miles away
- Big Ed's Pizza, 2.9 miles away
- Rotary Trip - Created 09/06/2012