Fire on the Mountain Bluegrass FestivalSep 27, 2012
The performance seating is pleasant, in a grove of trees with some covered seats. There is room to camp in tents and motor homes. The festival is a fund raiser for the South Pittsburg Mountain Volunteer Fire District, but admission is very reasonable.
This two-day festival features local and regional musicians. The local Fire Hall sponsors a concession stand with home-cooked and baked goods, including BBQ, pinto beans and fried pies.Bluegrass and old-time jam sessions, near and around the camp, last until late hours.
Directions: I-24 to S. Pittsburg Exit to U.S. 72. Turn right onto TN 156 and travel to top of mountain. Fire Station sign on left.
For More Information
TN 157, Volunteer Fire Department
South Pittsburg, TN 37380
- Steverino's, 2.6 miles away
- Harvey's Private Drive-In, 2.6 miles away
- Dixie Freeze Restaurant, 2.6 miles away
- Nickajack Dam Reservation (Lower Sequatchie Management Unit), 2.9 miles away
- Court Side Tea Room, 5.2 miles away