Barren Fork Greenway
This is a 1.8 mile round trip walking trail along the Barren Fork River in McMinnville, Tennessee. It's nicely landscaped to go along with the riparian forest remnants along the route. The site is well signed and called River Front Park on one end, and Pepper Branch Park on the other. This is a wonderful opportunity to stretch your legs. If you are lucky, you just might get a glimpse of the Barrens Top minnow which is only found in the Barrens Fork River and considered endangered.
Activities/Amenities: Short Hike/Walk, Birding, Botanizing, Two piers give access for fishing, picnic tables, canoe launch, playground. This site is located within the city of McMinnville which offers a beautifully revitalized and historic main street district and many amenities.
For More Information
201 Morrison Street
McMinnville, TN 37110
- Historic Black House , 0.4 miles away
- Main Street Bakery & Cafe, 0.5 miles away
- Collins River BBQ & Cafe, 0.6 miles away
- Warren County Farmers Market, 0.7 miles away
- Autumn Street Fair [10/05/2013], 0.8 miles away