Rock Island State Park
The Best Waterfalls
The scenic beauty and tranquility of this wooded park is dominated by the Great Falls of the Caney Fork River- an imposing limestone gorge (called a gulf in southern culture). It provides scenic overlooks, waterfalls and deep pools for fishing, rock-hopping and exploring.
Located at the confluence of the Collins and Caney Fork Rivers, this 883-acre park has a natural sand beach on Center Hill Reservoir. Historic features of the park include a 19th century textile mill and one of Tennessee's early hydroelectric plants. The park offers several marked hiking trails.
Things to do at Rock Island State Park
Rock Island is a great park for day hikes. There are day long treks or overnight trails, however, there are five short hikes, the longest of which is 5 miles. Visit the park's Hiking Trails webpage for detailed information about these hikes.
The park's natural sand beach is a very popular simming hole for locals and is located on the headwaters of the beautiful Center Hill Lake. Adequate parking space and a modern bathhouse are provided.
Boating and fishing are very popular on Center Hill Lake as well as on Great Falls Lake. There is a free public launching ramp on Great Falls Lake.
There are 60 campsites at Rock Island. They are equipped with 30 amp electrical and water hookups, grills, and picnic tables, in addition, they have three bathhouses if you need a hot shower.
For More Information
82 Beach Road
Rock Island, TN 38581
Phone: (931) 686-2471
- Rock Island State Park, 0 miles away
- Foglight Foodhouse, 2 miles away
- Holder Station Trail, 4.3 miles away
- Falcon Rest Mansion & Gardens, 9.3 miles away
- The Birthing Tree, 9.6 miles away
- crossville tn - Created 03/03/2014
- Nashville3 - Created 09/24/2013
- trip to tennessee - Created 02/17/2013
- Hiking 30 Miles from Cookeville - Created 08/24/2012
- Jamestown TN Trip - Created 08/11/2012
- Cumberland Waterfalls - Created 08/11/2012
- waterfalls in TN - Created 08/11/2012
- Rock Island - Created 07/17/2012
- Best Waterfalls Trip - Created 07/11/2012
- Fall Break - Created 07/10/2012
- Tuesday - Created 07/03/2012
- Smok'in in McMinnville - Created 06/15/2012
- Weekend at the Falls - Created 06/12/2012
- exp - Created 05/27/2012